Suzuki recalled thousands of SX4 and Kizashi vehicles that could accidentally roll away. By now you should have received your recall notice and hopefully had your vehicle repaired, but if not here's what you need to know.
- The issue affects 61,000 vehicles, including the:
- 2010-13 SX4, manufactured between July 16, 2009 and November 1, 2012
- 2010-13 Kizashi, manufactured between October 31, 2009 and October 31, 2012
- Suzuki says the shift selectors can be moved out of "park" without pressing the brake due to a manufacturing error with the detent pin.
- The recall was expected to begin on January 19, 2015
If you never received your recall notice or have questions about the repair, contact Suzuki customer service at 714-996-7040 and give them recall code VL.More information on carcomplaints.com